Cardiology for pets
We are able to perform all the standard cardiology investigations, including echocardiography, ECG, blood pressure measurement, etc. We are also able to offer minimally-invasive interventional cardiac procedures such as amplatz canine ductal occluder placement for management of patent ductus arteriousus (PDA), balloon dilation of pulmonic stenosis and pacemaker implantation.
Investigation and treatment of:
- Heart murmur
- Cough/Breathing abnormalities
- Reduced exercise ability
- Pericardial effusion (pericardiocentesis and pericardectomy available)
- Pleural and abdominal effusion
- Heartworms (Dirofilaria immitis)
Full interventional cardiology service:
- Percutaneous closure of PDAs using ACDO (Amplatz Canine Duct Occluder)
- Balloon valvuloplasty for pulmonic stenosis
- Permanent pacemaker implantation
- Pericardectomy (surgical and thoracoscopic)
Heart testing for Breeders
Auscultation and echocardiography testing in selected breeds.
Free telephone advice on radiographs and ECGs submitted for interpretation.
- Echocardiography: Vivid E95
- 12 channel ECG recording/monitoring (SPACELAB Healtcare, Sentinel)
- Digital ambulatory ECG monitoring (Holter) - allows ECG recording in the home environment for up to 7 days
- ECG telemetry for remote monitoring of critical patients inside the hospital
- Implantable reveal devices - ECG devices implanted subcutaneously for investigation of intermittent collapsing episodes
Doppler blood pressure
- Direct (DR) digital for instant high-quality thoracic radiographs (Nova HF ceiling mounted X-ray tube (30kV) working with Konica Minolta Regius 190 CR System and Nano Fuji Mobile X-ray unit and DR processor)
Thoracic CT & Angio-CT
- Siemens Somaton Perspective - 64-slice ECG gated CT (advanced cardiac imaging useful for complex congenital heart diseases and cardiac tumours).
MRI (Phillips Achieva 1.5T)
Fluoroscopy (Philips Zenition 50)
Our team of specialist Cardiologists are supported by specialist cardio nurses, a cardiology intern and our multi-disciplinary team of specialists across a number of disciplines including; Anaesthesia, Diagnostic Imaging, Internal Medicine and Soft Tissue Surgery. In addition, we have a large dedicated team of nurses and clinical support staff available 24-hours a day, every day of the year to provide the best possible care for your pet.
If you would like to refer a case please contact us.