Travelling by road
Download Map and Directions PDF (requires Adobe Reader)
We are readily accessible from junctions 11 and 12 of the M3. With clear roads we are...
- Around 10-15 minutes from Winchester & Romsey
- Around 25-30 minutes from Basingstoke, Ringwood & Portsmouth
- Around 35 minutes from Salisbury & Newbury
- Around 40-45 minutes from the M25
- Around an hour from Worthing
Note on finding us with SatNav: Some SatNav systems will not locate our postcode correctly, in which case the postcode for Otterbourne Golf Club (SO21 2EL) - also on Poles Lane - seems to be more reliable. From the golf club we are around half a mile up Poles Lane (towards Hursley, away from Otterbourne) and on the same side of the road.
Travelling by public transport
There are regular train services to Winchester from London Waterloo or Southampton, and also from Birmingham down through Oxford and Reading. Some trains go through to Shawford, which is the nearest station to the practice, otherwise you can change at Winchester. Seewww.thetrainline.co.uk for details. Shawford is approximately 3 miles from the practice and we can arrange for a taxi to meet you if necessary.
The most convenient bus service runs from Winchester to Hursley where the bus stop is about 0.4 mile from the practice.
Otterbourne bus stop is 1.9 miles from Bunstead Farm:
- 49 and 49A run from central Winchester. In the opposite direction it starts from Eastleigh (near the railway station)
- Bluestar 1: Winchester bus station to Otterbourne. In the opposite direction this bus goes from Southampton via Chandlers Ford railway station to Otterbourne.
Hursley bus stop is 0.4 miles from Bunstead Farm:
- 46: Starting from Winchester Bus/railway station going all the way to Southampton Railway station via Chandlers Ford and various other residential places. In the opposite direction starting in Southampton
- Rail Link X66:
From Romsey Bus and railway station to Hursley. These buses go on to Winchester railway station.