Our Pain Clinic for pets
We have a dedicated Pain Clinic service, run by Matt Gurney as part of our multidisciplinary specialist approach to patients’ wellbeing and quality of life.The goal of our Pain Clinic is to produce an individual plan to manage any short or long-term pain your cat or dog may be in.
A Pain Clinic consultation may be useful for a wide range of conditions such as:
- Chronic painful diseases such as osteoarthritis, intervertebral disc disease and pancreatitis
- Pain and mobility management in older pets
- Recovery from orthopaedic surgery and/or neurological injury
- Neuropathic, cancer and muscular pain
- Pain of an unknown cause
- When conventional pain medications are not working or not being tolerated by your pet
- When you feel you have got to the point where you don’t know what to do next to help your pet.
The initial consultation will be an in-depth assessment of your pet’s pain as well as talking through with you what you would like to achieve. We will create a management plan with you which may include changes to their medications, acupuncture, physiotherapy and environmental and lifestyle changes.