COVID-19 Update: July 2021
Coronavirus is continuing to create challenges for each of us. We want to reassure you that the staff at Anderson Moores Veterinary Specialists are continuing to offer exceptional care whilst doing all we can to protect you, your pets and our teams:
Before you arrive
• Please be aware that we are currently providing on-site telephone consultations for all clients. Therefore, you will not have a face-to-face consultation with the clinician.
• Please ensure you have a fully charged mobile phone and please let us know in advance if a telephone consultation is not possible.
• Once the telephone consultation has taken place, one of our clinicians will come and collect your pet for examination in the hospital.
• You will be asked to sign a consent form if your pet is going to be admitted to the hospital; you will be provided with a pen to keep for signing our consent form.
When you arrive:
• When you arrive at Anderson Moores, please make your way to the open window under the shelter to the left of the main reception doors. The Receptionist will log your arrival and ask for your vehicle details and the location that you are parked; you can park in front of the reception building or in our overflow carpark. If the window is closed, please call the practice from your mobile phone (01962 767920).
• All our staff will be wearing a face mask. We politely encourage all owners to wear a face mask during any face-to-face interaction with our staff.
• If you are exempt from wearing a face covering, please let us know when you book your appointment, so that we can make suitable adjustments for your visit.
Look out for up-dates on our social media pages.
• Cats will need to be transferred into one of our cat baskets in your car, with the windows and doors shut.
• You will need to return to the reception window once your consultation has finished.
• Please ensure you follow good hand hygiene measures at ALL times whilst visiting AMVS. Our client WC & water dispenser are available if you would like to use them and are being regularly cleaned.
• We have a new dog walking area which can be accessed through a metal gate opposite the front of the reception building.
• Please be aware that we cannot take in dog leads, cat baskets, blankets, bedding, or any other item from your home. Your pet will be provided with a mattress and comfortable bedding while in the hospital.
• We politely ask that all payments are made by credit or debit card. If you are unable to do this, please contact us in advance of your appointment.
• In order to follow government guidelines, we ask that you do not remain on site for any longer than is necessary.
Please remember that if you have a new, continuous cough; fever (increased temperature) or loss or change to your sense of smell or taste, you should be self-isolating, and you will therefore not be able to attend your appointment. Please contact us to discuss this. If somebody in your house has these symptoms, you should be self-isolating until a coronavirus test result is available, and you will therefore not be able to attend your appointment.
If you have any questions prior to your visit, then please feel free to call us on 01962 767920. Thank you in anticipation for your help and please rest assured that your pet will receive the same exceptional care as normal from all our staff throughout your visit.