Anderson Moores is a leading Specialist referral centre for cats and dogs. The Orthopaedic Service is managed by Andy Moores and James Grierson. Andy and James are both certified by the Royal College of Veterinary Surgeons and by the European Board of Veterinary Specialisation as Specialists in Small Animal Surgery. We are one of the few private referral centres in the UK approved to run an ECVS surgical training programme (or residency).
We are committed to providing your pet with the very best surgical care and at a reasonable price.
We are happy to see all orthopaedic referrals, from the routine to the complex, including:
- Musculoskeletal trauma (fractures, luxations)
- Cruciate disease cases, for TPLO, TTA or lateral suture stabilisation
- Total hip replacement
- Total elbow replacement (TATE)
- Arthroscopic ('key hole') investigation of joint disease
- Patellar luxation surgery
- Staging and management of osteosarcoma and other bone tumours
- Advanced imaging (CT/MRI) of orthopaedic/spinal disease
Being a multidisciplinary centre we are particularly well set-up to manage orthopaedic trauma patients, who may have multisystemic injuries and require the input of our medics/imagers/soft tissue surgeons as well as management of their orthopaedic injury/injuries.
Browse the links on the left for further information regarding the Orthopaedic Service.
To help you budget for your pet's treatment we offer fixed price fees for TPLO/TTA surgeries (for dogs with cruciate ligament injuries) and for elbow dysplasia scans and surgery. Further details are available in the Cruciate and Elbow Dysplasia sections (links on the left of the page).