Anderson Moores Veterinary Specialists now offers a Pain Clinic Service as part of a multidisciplinary specialist approach to patients’ wellbeing and quality of life. The goal of the Pain Clinic is to deliver an individualised and multimodal approach to the management of pain in dogs and cats. A Pain Clinic consultation may be indicated for a wide range of disorders such as:
• Chronic painful conditions such as osteoarthritis, intervertebral disc disease and pancreatitis
• Pain and mobility management in geriatric patients
• Recovery from orthopaedic surgery and/or neurological injury
• Neuropathic, cancer and muscular pain
• Pain of unknown origin
• When conventional pain medications are not sufficient, poorly tolerated or contra-indicated
• When owners need more support or ask “What else can we do?”
The initial consultation will provide an in-depth assessment of the patient’s pain, as well as of the owner’s and expectations. This initial assessment will determine the management plan which may include changes to the medications regimen, acupuncture, physiotherapy and environmental and lifestyle changes. The Pain Clinic will be led by Perrine Benmansour, our European Specialist in Veterinary Anaesthesia and Analgesia, with input from our multidisciplinary team of specialists when required. Perrine has undertaken the certificate in Western Acupuncture and Chronic Pain Management.
To arrange a referral please fill out our form, or give us a call on 01962 767920.